The Recreation Fund is designed to promote independence, freedom and inclusion in leisure type activities for persons with spina bifida and/or hydrocephalus of all ages who are members in good standing of SBHANS and residents of NS, NB and NL.
Applications will be based on the following:
• Personal needs and wishes that foster independence
• Life skills development
It is expected that this fund will contribute to recreational type activities.
- The Recreation Fund will be advertised in the SBHANS newsletter and applications will be dealt with on a first come, first served basis.
- An application must be completed and signed. The application must also include:
a) Documentation of price quotes and/or paid receipts for the activity/item must accompany the application.
b) A letter from the applicant explaining why this particular recreational activity is best suited to them.
c) A brochure or information sheet regarding the leisure activity requested.
- Applications will be accepted for one activity per season, per application.
- Completed applications that include all above documentation, will be considered at regular Executive Meetings.
- Awarding of funds will be limited by the budget available in this fund up to a maximum of $200. per year.
- This fund will cover up to the entire cost of the activity/item. Individuals are encouraged to contribute financially to offset the cost.
- Applications can be made once per season per applicant. (Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall)
- The item will become the property of the applicant, if applicable.
- The Executive of SBHANS will administer the fund.
- This fund will be shown separately on the SBHANS financial statements.
- The supplier/provider of activities will be the direct recipient of the approved funds OR members may submit receipt for reimbursement.
Click here to download a request form