Policy for Sponsorship
The Camp Sponsorship program is open to persons with spina bifida and/or hydrocephalus who are members in good standing with SBHANS and are residents of NS, NB, NL.
1. Each year the Spina Bifida And Hydrocephalus Association of Nova Scotia will endeavour to help members with camp fees for attendance to a Camp of their choice.
2. Any member wishing to attend Camp is requested to obtain information and an application form from the Camp.
The applicant must complete a "SBHANS Sponsorship Application Form" (available from the SBHANS Provincial Office or the SBHANS website at www.sbhans.ca).
Once completed, the SBHANS Sponsorship Application form is to be forwarded to the SBHANS, 15 Laura Drive, RR4 Eastern Passage, Nova Scotia, B3G 1K3 by Canada Post or scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Executive Committee to review applications at a regularly scheduled Executive Meeting.
4. Because some camps requires a registration deposit to accompany your application form SBHANS offers you the following two options:
Apply to SBHANS prior to submitting your Camp application form to your chosen Camp. SBHANS will endeavour to process all sponsorship application requests as soon as possible. Upon approval, your approved amount of camp fee will be submitted on your behalf, by SBHANS, to the camp of your choice.
If you apply to your chosen Camp, without first receiving approval from SBHANS, you will be required to submit any required registration deposit to the Camp. If you are later approved by SBHANS for partial or full camp registration fees, SBHANS will submit on your behalf, a cheque for the approved amount. This may leave a credit in your camp account. It will be your responsibility to contact the Camp to request any credit in your camp account. Please note that under this option, if SBHANS does not approve your requested sponsorship application form, which you will be responsible for all fees required by the Camp.
5. Applicants are requested to include the following with their application to SBHANS.
a/ Documentation of price for the camp b/ A letter from the applicant explaining why this particular camp is best suited to them. c/ A brochure or information sheet regarding the camp.
Click Here to download a sponsorship application form